Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coffee Stain Crisis....the fight to save my new shirt :)

Tonight Mike and I had a very unexpected experience...   We had just eaten at Pei Wei with Life Group and we had picked up coffee on our way back to his place.  I was going to study some more for finals...    In the car, I'm carrying both cups of coffee.  They were both full.   The top of one of the cups pops off and spills all over me.  First, thing I thought was OMG MY NEW WHITE SHIRT!!!   JUST MY LUCK!    I'm trying to stay calm...and Mike is driving.   The coffee is also super hot and I'm wearing jean shorts, so I'm hoping not much more would spill.   I would ask Mike to hold one of the cups, but because he drives stick shift he didn't really have a hand available until a few moments later at a red light.  

I finally get the opened cup closed and all I can think about it how bad my shirt looks and how it must be stained.   Ok...just FYI....I feel like this type of thing happens to me all the time.  I always spill something on a shirt that I actually invested more money in than other shirts.....    

Finally, Mike pulls into his parking spot and we get out of the car.  He told me he had this stain remover in his car....so prepared is my boyfriend :)   I take a look at my shirt and omg it was horrible.  I was too embarrassed to even show Mike because I thought it looked THAT bad.   He saw it and said "wow". Haha...yea...it was more coffee than he thought.    The stain remover wasn't really going to work on ALL the coffee that was on my white shirt...so we figured we would wash it at his apartment.   

We get to his apartment and all I can think is that the money I spent on my shirt is wasted....   stupid coffee.    As soon as I get in, I type "how to remove coffee stains" in Google.   Mike is getting his Spray and Wash to use on my shirt.  And he was looking for a cool shirt that I could wear....isn't he amazing???  He got me one of his fraternity recruitment shirts (now i'm a walking advertisement! haha)  So I start the mission in the bathroom sink with the Spray and Wash and my shirt.   Mike and I were both making sure my shirt would survive.   We both sprayed the stains.....we waited patiently for it to soak...and examined the shirt for any stains.. and I hand washed my shirt.  The stains looked like they came out!!  Success.  Then we had to get a third opinion from another girl that was over....so we did.   Then we hung my shirt up!   

All I can say is how happy I am to have such an amazing boyfriend.  What boyfriend seriously helps their girlfriend clean coffee stains out of her shirt and actually has the supplies to do the job?    I couldn't think of any.....Only Mike!  He even carried my damp shirt to my car when I left.   

While this "crisis" may seem super silly to some, I think this is a funny time with Mike I'll never forget.   After the shirt was washed and hanging...all we could do was laugh about the situation.   At the moment, we were so focused on getting the stain out!  We're such a great team haha 

Thank you boyfriend!!! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment